How to setup Google Tag Manager with Evenium
Evenium has built-in integration with Google Tag Manager, enabling you to insert your GTM tags without any coding required.
This integration works if you use our registration website or integrate the registration module into your event website (our integration solves the cross domain limitations).
Evenium triggers specific events in GTM for each page view or each step in the registration form. This makes it possible, for example, by using “custom script” tags, to display a custom pop-up window when the participant has finished their registration.
While Evenium has built-in integration with GA4, even if GTM is set up on your website, to gather Google analytics from your event, you will need to add your GA4 ID in the Evenium back office. See GA4 doc.
Setup for the built-in Evenium event website
1. Go to Backoffice > Configuration tab > Event website
2. Open the panel on the left, and choose Web Analytics
3. Type your GTM ID in the “Google Tag Manager container ID” field
Setup if you embed the ticketing module on your page
1. Go to Backoffice > Configuration tab > External integration link
2. Type your GTM ID in the “Google tag manager ID” field of the Trackers section
3. On the same page, in the “Registration in your website/company pages” section, click on the “Your website” button, and then copy and paste the script into your event website. See below for an example. Notice the “gtmid” parameter in the URL parameters
Custom events sent by Evenium
Evenium triggers custom GTM events for each page view (event name is: EVENIUM_[PAGE NAME])
For GDPR reasons, the name/email of the participant is never sent with the custom events.
For the registration process, find the event triggers below:
EVENIUM_XXXXXX (except PURCHASE) event object pushed in the dataLayer:
EVENIUM_PURCHASE event object pushed in the dataLayer:
Properties are the same as the GA4 spec.